Sunday, January 25, 2009

My "Bucket List"

These are just some of the things I would like to experience before I leave this world. I'm really uncertain what happens to us when we expire. It would be comforting to know if there is something afterwards but no one I know has come back from the dead to elaborate or testify.

> visit the Great Wall of China
< take a really good photo of a hummingbird
> sail on the Caribbean
< travel to the Olympics
> swim with dolphins
< ride a gondola in Venice
> write a book
< have a conversation with the Dali Lama
> visit the Baseball Hall of Fame
< watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade (or be in the parade)
> have at least one grandchild
< see peace in this world
> be visited by a friendly alien
< view an amazing sunset while drinking an extraordinary bottle of wine and have Pink Floyd on as loud as possible
> go to the jungle and see lions and tigers in the wild
< visit Tibet

This list is a work in progress and maybe I'll just do some of these things and not really think of it as my "bucket list".

5 comments:

underOvr (aka The U) said...

This is a quite an interesting post you've written GAF85; my hope is that you continue sharing these experiences.

Best wishes,

underOvr

gaf85 said...

u, Any thoughts about things you might like to experience before you are assimilated?

Madame DeFarge said...

A good list(and i've been to the Baseball Hall of Fame!). I'd always wanted to go beyond 80 degrees north and be close to the North Pole and see polar bears. I did this 18 months ago and it was the best experience of my entire life.

I'd like to go back, but I'd also like to go through the North West Passage route, as I have a thing about all things northern and polar. I really want to go husky racing too. Maybe my list is very short, but I loathe flying, so am limited in what I can do.

gaf85 said...

Madame,Interesting that you mentioned "husky racing". Our family used to race sled dogs (sprint 3-6 miles) in Northern New York and at one time we had fifty dogs in our backyard.All you need is a little snow.

BostonGirl08 said...

I like how you said "have at least one grandchild"